One of the most popular resorts in Turkey is Marmaris. A huge number of tourists from all over the world come here every year. The popularity of Marmaris is quite justified – crystal clear beaches, amazing nature and a lot of entertainment.
Marmaris is an ideal destination for tourists who want to enjoy scenic walks and outdoor activities. Resort guests are always delighted with the colorful water parks and local beaches. Shopping lovers should visit the local markets, the most interesting souvenir shops and craft workshops. A notable feature of your holiday in Marmaris will be that you can get a unique opportunity to visit the beaches of two seas – the Mediterranean and the Aegean.
The largest and busiest beach in the resort is Marmaris Beach. Here you can find everything you need for a comfortable stay:
- Playgrounds for children;
- Beach and sports equipment rental;
- Cafes and restaurants.
The Icmeler beach with crystal water and a beautifully landscaped coastline is no less popular.
If you want to spend a beach holiday in a secluded quiet environment, go to Cleopatra Island (aka Sedir Island). Here you can always enjoy the unity with nature and have a romantic date. The island has a large number of hiking trails, as well as several beaches in its coastal zone.
If you are one of nature lovers, go to the town of Dalyan, the so-called. Turtle Island, famous for its abundance of natural masterpieces. Also on this island you can take advantage of such a useful procedure as mud baths of healing springs. The effect of these procedures will certainly delight most fans of velvet skin.
Fans of a real Turkish bath should definitely visit the Sultan Hamam Turkish Bath center. Here you can appreciate the first-class service and procedures such as:
- Huge Swimming Pool;
- Massage rooms;
- Oriental hammam.
There are many water parks in Marmaris. Atlantis is considered the most popular, offering guests the widest choice of entertainment. In this aquatic center you can spend a wonderful day – beautiful slides and pools, funny attractions and unhurried rivers, a relaxation area with sun loungers and cozy cafes.
The AquaDream water park is no less popular. This place will be an ideal solution for families and families with children.
Places of Interest
Despite the fact that nightlife is not very popular among locals, tourists are not limited in their choice of bars and clubs. The most popular are the Ushers and Blackpool clubs, where themed parties and the best discos are held almost daily. Here you can have a wonderful time, as well as relax with a noisy company.
Among the markets of Marmaris, it is worth highlighting the Marmaris Thursday Market, where you can buy a lot of useful goods. You can also make good purchases in the Grand Bazaar shopping center:
- Turkish coffee;
Travel to Marmaris
The summer months are considered the most popular for traveling to Marmaris. During this period, a huge number of tourists go to the resort for a beach holiday. If you want to explore local attractions or enjoy the natural beauty, it is worth coming to Marmaris in spring or autumn, during which time you will not be distracted by the heat. It is also recommended to familiarize yourself with some of the features and traditions of the resort before traveling:
- If you are looking for a great shopping experience, go for leather and suede products, which are of high quality here. All kinds of jewelry made of copper, bronze and other metals are also considered popular souvenirs. If you go to craft shops, you can order custom made souvenirs or clothing.
- Clothes and various souvenirs are best purchased in the markets. But jewelry is worth buying only in shopping centers and large stores. Uninformed tourists can accidentally buy poor quality goods at very high prices. This problem is eliminated in large-scale outlets due to the established fixed prices for each product.
- Before going to the market, be sure to take care of the availability of a sufficient number of small denomination notes. Sellers may deliberately imitate the inability to give change in full, thereby inflating the real price of the product.
- Bidding in Marmaris will be inappropriate. These negotiations should be carried out only in large stores, and the final price may differ significantly from the original cost.
- Despite the certified safety of tap water, tourists are strongly discouraged from drinking it. This can negatively affect your relaxation and impair your acclimatization process. It is best to use store-bought water for drinking. Major hotels supply their guests’ rooms with daily water during housekeeping.
- For the above reason, don’t get too carried away with drinks served with ice.
- Public transport in Marmaris is presented in the form of buses and minibuses. Many tourists prefer to use standard taxis. In this case, it is worth negotiating the cost of the trip even before the start of transport, and pay only after arriving at the agreed place.
- It is quite safe to walk along the central streets of Marmaris at late hours. A huge number of tourists walk here almost around the clock.
A trip to Marmaris always leaves a lot of positive emotions. This resort really deserves attention for its natural beauty, clean beaches, lots of entertainment and pleasant atmosphere.