Updated information on the visa-free regime for Ukraine in 2020 , as well as the list of countries receiving electronic visas and at the airport
As new information appears on the issue of visa-free travel for Ukraine 2020, I will update and supplement this post.
I made my selection, which I checked against many sources, primarily for myself, my friends, regular readers of our blog, as well as for those who accidentally dropped in to visit us.
I would be glad if it turns out to be useful for you.
I decided to not be limited only to the list of countries, but to supplement the lists with other useful information (for example, the address of the embassy website, duration of stay in the country, other necessary requirements ). I will also add this information as I study and change.
I would like to wish you and us bright travels 🙂 so that there will be more opportunities for traveling around the world with and without visas :).
Before going to another country pay attention to the number of blank pages in your passport and its validity period.
In most cases, there should be at least 2 pages and at least 3 months before the expiration of the passport. Although for each country it is necessary to clarify the information.
By the way, Ukrainians can have two valid passports.
So, in this post I will share questions like this:
Visa-free EU for Ukraine 2020
European countries that Ukrainian citizens can visit with a biometric passport, I put in a separate list:
- San Marino
- Czech Republic
Important conditions for visiting the EU without visas with a biometric passport for citizens of Ukraine:
- Visa-free for Ukraine, operate for 90 days every six months.
- The visa-free regime does not entitle you to work.
By the way, when we opened visa-free travel to the EU for Ukraine, we used this opportunity for our travels. In January 2017, my family (my husband and I and two teenage children) went to Krakow. About crossing the Polish border by train we shared HERE .
In September 2018, we visited Hungary, Vienna, Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Poland without a visa.
Visa-free regime for Ukraine 2020
- Azerbaijan (up to 90 days). Embassy website – azembassy.com.ua
- Albania (up to 90 days)
- Antigua and Barbuda (up to 90 days within 180 days). Additionally, you need return tickets and confirmation of financial solvency
- Argentina (up to 90 days)
- Armenia (up to 180 days). Embassy website – ukraine.mfa.am
- Belarus (up to 30 days). Embassy website – ukraine.mfa.gov.by
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (up to 30 days every 2 months)
- Brazil (up to 90 days)
- Brunei (up to 30 days)
- Vanuatu (up to 30 days). Passport validity not less than 6 months
- Haiti (up to 90 days)
- Guatemala (up to 90 days). In addition, return tickets are required, they may require confirmation of creditworthiness.
- Hong Kong (up to 14 days). Additionally, you need return tickets and documents that confirm your ability to pay. The website of the Chinese Embassy – ua.chineseembassy.org
- Grenada (up to 90 days). Additionally, you need a tourist voucher and documents that prove your ability to pay.
- Georgia (up to 365 days). Important! It is forbidden to enter Georgia with the stamp of Abkhazia and South Ossetia (administrative or criminal liability is envisaged)
- Western Sahara
- Dominica (up to 21 days)
- Dominican Republic (up to 30 days)
- Israel (up to 90 days). Additionally, you need return tickets, medical insurance, hotel reservations (if you are visiting, then an invitation and a photocopy of the identity card of the Israeli citizen who is inviting you). You may also need proof of solvency.
- Indonesia (up to 30 days). Requirements and conditions are described here.
- Kazakhstan (up to 90 days). Embassy website – kazembassy.com.ua
- Qatar (up to 90 days).
- Kyrgyzstan (up to 90 days). Embassy website – kyrgyzembassy.com.ua
- Cuba (up to 90 days).
- Costa Rica has canceled visas for Ukrainians for trips up to 90 days since December 2016. When leaving the country, a fee of $ 29 is paid. USA
- Macedonia (up to 90 days). Additionally, you need to have a tourist voucher or invitation. Medical insurance and proof of ability to pay may be required.
- Malaysia (up to 30 days). Return tickets required.
- Micronesia (only for tourists with vouchers)
- Moldova (up to 90 days). Embassy website – ucraina.mfa.md
- Mongolia (up to 90 days).
- Namibia (up to 90 days). Additionally, you need a migration card.
- Nicaragua (up to 90 days). Additionally, you need return tickets, migration card, proof of solvency.
- Niue (up to 30 days). Return tickets, hotel booking confirmation.
- UAE (up to 30 days).
- Cook Islands. Additionally, you need a return ticket, hotel reservations and confirmation of your ability to pay.
- Palestine (up to 90 days)
- Panama (up to 90 days). Additionally, you need return tickets and documents confirming your ability to pay.
- Paraguay (up to 90 days). Additionally, you need return tickets and documents confirming your ability to pay.
- Peru (up to 90 days). In addition, return tickets are required. Hotel reservation, travel voucher, proof of credit may be required)
- Pitcairn (14 days in case of arrival and departure on the same vessel)
- Russian Federation (up to 90 days)
- El Salvador (up to 90 days). Additionally, you need a return ticket, migration card and proof of solvency.
- Samoa (up to 60 days). Additionally, you need a return ticket and confirmation of your ability to pay.
- Seychelles (up to 30 days). Additionally, you need a return ticket, a tourist voucher, documents confirming your ability to pay.
- Serbia (up to 30 days)
- Senegal (up to 90 days)
- Saint Kitts and Nevis (up to 90 days)
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (up to 30 days)
- Tajikistan (up to 90 days)
- Thailand (up to 30 days).
- Tunisia (up to 30 days). Additionally, you need a tourist voucher, return tickets, migration card. Embassy website – tunisia.org.ua
- Turkey (up to 90 days with a limit of 180 days every six months). Embassy website – kiev.emb.mfa.gov.tr
- Uzbekistan (up to 90 days). Site – uzbekistan.org.ua
- Uruguay (up to 90 days)
- Montenegro (up to 90 days). Sometimes you need a hotel reservation and proof of solvency
- Chile (up to 90 days). You need a migration card, return tickets, proof of solvency.
- Spitsbergen. You can get here through Norway. Therefore, a Norwegian transit visa is required.
- Ecuador (up to 90 days for tourists)
- Jamaica (up to 30 days). You need return tickets and confirmation of your ability to pay.
- Yan-Maen. You can get here through Norway, so you need a Norwegian visa.
List of countries with visas at the airport for Ukrainian citizens in 2020
- Barbados (up to 28 days)
- Bolivia (up to 30 days)
- Burkina Faso (border)
- Timor Leste (up to 30 days)
- Djibouti (up to 10 days)
- Egypt (Free Sinai Visa Available)
- Jordan (up to 30 days. Can be extended up to 6 months at an additional cost)
- Cape Verde
- Cambodia (up to 30 days). Can be obtained at the airports of Phnom Penh, Siam Ripa or border checkpoints with neighboring states (except for the border with Laos, where visas are not issued at the entrance)
- Laos (up to 30 days)
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- North Cyprus
- Tanzania. Visa at the airport upon arrival for 90 days with a return ticket and proof of creditworthiness.
- Togo (7 days visa at the airport upon arrival)
List of countries with an electronic visa for Ukrainians in 2020
- Australia. The website of the Ministry of Immigration and Border Control (DIBP) www.border.gov.au. As of September 1, 2015, Australia stopped gluing visas to passports. A visa is considered the entry of your data into the electronic database of the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
- Bahrain (visa is issued at the airport). The permission of the Bahrain Ministry of Internal Affairs is required. Women under 40 years old who travel unaccompanied by a husband, elder brother or father will not be able to obtain a visa.
- Bhutan (two weeks, can be extended if necessary). The visa is issued only to organized tourist groups and people who have an invitation from government agencies in Bhutan.
- Vietnam (visa is obtained at any airport, but you need to have an invitation letter).
- India – (the visa is affixed at the airport, but you need to issue an invitation online in advance). Website – indianvisaonline.gov.in
- Cambodia (e-visa has a corridor of 3 months with a stay of up to 30 days). Cambodian Foreign Ministry website – www.evisa.gov.kh
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Singapore (airline or hotel clearance)
- Sri Lanka. Documents are submitted through the website – www.eta.gov.lk
- South Sudan
Visa-free countries for Ukraine on the map
I like to use google maps for travel planning. It is convenient to see where these or those places that interest us are geographically located.
I marked on the map the countries that Ukrainian citizens can visit without a visa.
Useful for travel
Various sites and resources help to better plan and organize your trip.
List of such resources I have collected in a separate post. The information there will be updated and supplemented, so highly recommend .
I have identified the following main directions for the selection of useful travel resources:
- what to travel on (flights, buses, trains, cars, etc.)
- where to live (hotels, apartments, apartments, houses, free housing)
- excursions, entertainment, restaurants and reviews
- miscellaneous notes
See my selection HERE.
That’s all for today.
As I already wrote, I will supplement and change information on visa-free travel for Ukraine in 2020 as it becomes relevant.
Your tips on visa-free countries for Ukrainian citizens and feedback in the comments are welcome.
To keep abreast of useful and interesting things, subscribe to “Site news and other useful things for rest and travel”
See you soon on the pages of our blog about travel and leisure!
Likes and comments are welcome 🙂