Car travel is freedom and convenience.
However, if you decide to take your child with you, it is important to consider a number of details so that the trip is really comfortable and does not present any unpleasant surprises.
A personal car is one of the most comfortable types of transport for traveling: you choose your route, departure and stop times; you get the opportunity to take all the necessary things on the road without worrying about their weight and volume.
I would like to share the joy of such a trip with all family members, including children.
A pleasant bonus of traveling by car will be that your kid will not bother others if he starts to be capricious, and vice versa – strangers will not interfere if he wants to rest.
On the other hand, a long car trip with younger family members is a serious test not only for the driver, but for all passengers. So that it does not become an unpleasant surprise, it is better to carefully prepare. 7Cars rental company , which provides cars for rent in major cities of Ukraine, based on their own experience and the experience of customers, has compiled a kind of list of tips and tricks that will help to foresee all possible troubles.
What’s useful on the road?
- Long journeys by car are tiresome for a little person. Therefore, you need to try to provide him with maximum comfort.
- A car child seat that will provide not only convenience, but also safety for the child. At 7Cars, you can get such a seat free of charge when renting a car. If you are worried about the upholstery of the car seats, then a special rug can be placed under the chair. It is sold in any car dealership and reliably protects the interior from scratches and scuffs.
- Window blinds. Such a seemingly small thing will allow your baby to sleep peacefully during the day and not wake up from the light of lanterns at night.
- Car organizer. A bag with the most necessary things, which is always at hand, will help out in any unforeseen situation. Personal hygiene items, wet wipes, toys and gadgets – you can put anything there.
- A small pillow and a blanket are indispensable for long trips and children’s night sleep.
- Wet or dry wipes, spray or gel for hand disinfection.
- The little ones will need a travel pot.
- Clean drinking water and a simple snack in the form of cereal bars, dry biscuits, fruits and vegetables will protect you from poisoning along the way.
- Change of clothes and shoes.
- A set of entertainment. Take what may interest your child for a long time. By the way, there will be new books, educational toys.
- In our age of technological development, traveling cannot do without a portable Power bank.
- A complete first-aid kit, in which, first of all, there should be antipyretic drugs, hemostatic and disinfecting drugs.
Tips for Parents
- It is better to plan a trip with a child in advance, thinking over the route, the duration of the trip, the number of stops and snacks.
- A list of things you need for the trip, as well as a list of ideas for entertaining your baby, also need to be compiled in advance.
- Collect a first aid kit based on the characteristics of your child. Everything, even if it is a standard traveler’s list, does not need to be taken. Not all medicines will be able to provide adequate storage conditions on the way.
- If you are going on vacation and planning to stay in a hotel, do not rely on disposable personal hygiene items provided by the hotel (toothbrush, soap, shower gel). For children, it is better to take all these things from home – proven and familiar to the child.
If you adhere to these simple tips, and also stock up on the road in a good mood, you can make any trip interesting and exciting.
A child who gets maximum comfort and attention on the road will never cause problems, and he himself will receive only positive emotions.